Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

As the year comes to a close, I took a look at some of my old posts. After 30 minutes of cringing, I decided to pull some pieces so we can all reminisce and ask the same question. Seriously, WHAT was I thinking?

Exhibit A:

Out of Bounds

Everyone has their deal breakers. He's not funny, he's unemployed, he sits cross-legged on the couch, he only asks you out via text message.

Whatever the reason, the more superficial it is, the less interested you already were before discovering this tidbit about him. You can't be that into a guy if he *gasp* ties his sweater around his waist and you immediately feel like you're 13 and going to the movies with your parents; your eyes constantly darting around the theater hoping your crush isn't sitting two rows back with Becky, that slut who just got her braces off and grew into her training bra overnight.

Anyway, a big no-no for me is when a guy has no idea of boundaries. I think when you're first getting to know someone, you should be aware of boundaries and want to make the other person feel comfortable. Especially if you're a guy. 

Which is why I didn't even reply to Ricky Martin when he invited me to his condo for our FIRST meeting, to cook me dinner and have some wine on his rooftop. Easy Ted Bundy. We haven't even met yet and you want me in your home?

Well, apparently everyone's living la vida loca, because when I asked the 28-year-old salesman/swimmer what he wanted to do on our first date, he said "Hopcat and hot tub." Hopcat being his favorite bar, hot tub being the one in his hotel where he was staying during a recent business trip. Ew. Ew ew ew ew ew.

So I asked our Traveling Salesman if he was kidding, to which he replied, "I was.....but I would if you wanted to."

I politely stopped replying to his emails, and moved on to greener, less sleazy pastures.

No comments: