Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Going Up!

Oh me, oh my. So I ran into my building boyfriend from the 7th floor again. You guys, he's so cute.

It was Saturday, early evening. I was returning from the bar after a few St. Patrick's Day brewha's, quite pleased with the work that was put in at the bar that afternoon, and decided to grab my mail. Then I turned the corner,and the elevator was starting to close, when an arm reached out to hold it for me.


I stepped on the car and looked up to see all 6'3"ish of him, looking like a joyous leprechaun had just exploded all over him. Before I could thank him, he said, in an I've-been-at-the-bar-too-long volume, "Heyyyyyyy!" and held up his hand to high five me.

I laughed at him and he said, "Don't leave me hangin' now." So I gave Heaven on Seven a high five and smiled at him.

"Alright," he said, drunkenly smiling and nodding. It was hilarious. And it was nice to see that he was a happy drunk. You can tell how your past, present and future will be with a guy by his attitude after a few adult beverages. Alcohol is like the Magic 8 ball of dating.

"You have fun today?" he asked, still smiling at me.

"Yeah, I had a lot of fun. You?" I replied, half laughing at his infectious happiness.

"Oh yes ma'am. Great day. Great, great day. Good times," he said, still smiling.

At this point, in our deepest conversation to date, we got to his floor.

He started walking off and said, "Well see ya later," smiled and wandered off.

Um, heck yes. I will see you later. You delicious green monster.

Me and Heaven on Seven?

I-rish.

No comments: