Monday, January 10, 2011

Yankee Swap

You know how sometimes you're presented with a situation that you just know is going to be thoroughly entertaining no matter what the outcome? Like watching a girl fight outside of the cafeteria in high school or asking your mom if she ever smoked pot?

So I got into work, already pleased as punch because I'm wearing a new outfit and it's sunny outside, and I found an invitation in my Gmail box that read "Stranger Danger." Naturally I thought it was one of those forwards about always carrying mace at night and not listening to your iPod on a dark street.

But this was so much better. It was an invitation to a party, with a few simple rules:
1. Be unattached. Okay, that's not a problem.

2. Bring someone of the opposite sex who is unattached. Okay, well now I need to think of my most eligible male friend. If my life was starring Jennifer Aniston, I'd bring some smoking hot man who I'd known all my life, and I brought him to the singles' mixer and noticed him laughing across the room as I tilted my head and slowly ladled some red punch, and he'd look up at me and we'd lock eyes and everything would suddenly make sense. Anyhoo that ain't happening, but I do need to select a quality guy that I can stamp with my approval. I mean, you wouldn't show up to a party with a box of Franzia and help yourself to a glass of 1952 Chateau d'Yquem. Snort.

But is this not a fantastic idea?!

I'm intrigued. Now I just have to pick a male pal to swap invite along.

Oh the possibilities...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bring me bring me! lol