Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Little Slice of Heaven

So I ended up working a bit late last night, and got home about an hour before my date a la web cam with Julia Roberts. I was waiting for the elevator, holding my phone with one shoulder talking to my mother while opening a Comcast bill, when out of the corner of my eye I saw the front door open.

I turned my head and looked up to see Heaven on Seven in all of his fine blonde glory. Wearing a baby pink button down, dark jeans and wool coat, he was tilting his head to the side and looking at me curiously and somewhat amused. I did a semi-wave/smile combo and he smiled and disappeared around the corner to get his mail.

So now Mom's talking about baby carrots, and I see him come back around the corner, so I tell her I need to get going. The elevator arrives, and we both step in, as my mother asks what I'm making for dinner. I quietly mumble, "I don't know." She couldn't hear me because I may as well have mimed it, so I said it louder. And at that moment, the elevator dings and I look up to see we've arrived on his floor.

We exchanged a quick closed-mouthed kiss smile and away he went. Leaving me still wondering what his NAME is, what he deems his favorite flavor of ice cream, and if he wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

Next time I see Seven, I'll just introduce myself. Easy enough...right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that photo is ooc!

Ginger said...

Ohhh man, it's way too funny how your Heaven on Seven is EXACTLY like the guy I have a huge crush on from work. He works on my floor and the only time I used to talk to him was while we waited for/were on the elevator and I went WEEKS before finding out his name. Finally, we had a real conversation, so it seemed appropriate to ask, "Hey, so what's your name?"

So worth it.

Spookily, I also had a strange book mix up experience like the one you blogged about recently.

Can't Hardly Date said...

Don't leave me hanging, Ginger. What happened after you introduced yourself?

Anonymous said...

You must be dating someone you really like. Haven't blogged in almost a month! If so, best of wishes to you.

Froggy said...

I know! Where did you go? You left us hanging!